Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday

Yea, I lost 5.2 pounds this week which is 1 pound more that what I
gained last week! I think all the water I am drinking and the running is finally paying off!

Hubby and I are still doing the c25k program. I really love this program. Me...a runner? Not yet, but I will be. Before this, I have never ran in my life! I trust the program and have made huge improvements since the beginning. We are on Week 4 Day 3 today. Week 4 consists of running 5 minute and 3 minute intervals with minimal walking in between. I know it is preparing me for the big Week 5, day 3...20 minutes of running!!! I am slow, but I'm doing it, and I can always work on my speed later.

I'm so thankful Michael is doing this with me. Both of our calves are looking rock solid! My body is changing and hopefully now the weight will continue to drop.

Progress not perfection!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad C25K is working for you!! Don't be afraid of the 20 minute run. Just breathe and you'll get through it. Great job on the the loss too! Water really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fantastic Rhonda! I am so happy for you. I've just (re-)discovered my inner runner too. I forgot how good this feels!

    One thing I found this week, not sure if you are doing treadmill or outside running, but focus on the journey, how far you are going to run, if the clock is getting to you. Sometimes I think those second hands can get sooooo sloooooooow all of a sudden, say after the first 10 minutes. Focusing on how much farther you have to go instead of the clock helps me (sometimes)... just a thought. Also, when I put my focus on my footsteps - the rhythm and the length of stride, sometimes that helps a LOT. To each is own though.

    Oooooohhh, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin