Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Small Changes

In 2009, I began again a journey of finding health in March. It has been a year now with lots of ups and downs. However, today is a new day. I got to thinking about how far I really have come. Not just with the weight I've lost, but the changes I've made. I am not following any particular diet. I've tried them all and failed time and time again. I want to lose weight and become fit by making small changes and better habits that add up and will be for a life time. So, what are some of the small changes I've made that have stuck?

*I no longer drink any type of sodas. It has been 2 years and 3 months! Woohoo!

*I do not eat/drink artificial sweeteners.
Add Image
* I drink green smoothies every week.

* I do not skip meals anymore.

*I eat breakfast daily.

*I do not beat myself up if I 'mess up' like I use too.

* I no longer have the all or nothing attitude about losing weight.

*I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sized clothes. Why hang on to them? I'm not going back! I am now in a size 20 and can wear a few size 18's, so all the 22's and 24's are gone!


These are a few small (or big to me) things that I have consistently done this past year that has helped me lose weight. I plan on adding more to the list this year!



February 2010




What small changes have you made throughout your weight loss journey?

4 comments:

  1. Those are some great changes. I threw out some clothes a few days ago. I have also learned to not beat myself up. I did a few weeks ago & told myself to let it go and I did.
    I love that picture of you. You look great.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list!
    I've given up soda all together -- no diet, now I drink mostly water (sometimes milk).
    I'm eating a LOT more fruits and veggies, and NO "white stuff" - no white rice, pasta, or bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing a great job! Congratulations! I cut out all sodas back in June 2008. I try to avoid all white flour and white rice. To limit my calories, I try to avoid food until later in the day (I know it sounds backwards, but it works for me).

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture!! Good job with size 20!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin