I have read two blogs today that hit it on the head. Both blogs have had a great sucess of losing a lot of weight. One, has kept off 150 pounds for over 12 years. The other, still trying to lose that last bit to get to his goal. They both really struck me today. First, knowing I'm not alone and facing reality of what one of my big problems are? I've got to figure this out to move forward right?
I read Diane's post about what I'm currently going through regards to weight loss. She talks about a 5 pound yo-yo cycle. She said, "If you find yourself in the 5 pound yo-yo cycle, know that it doesn’t have to stay that way forever." Here are some reasons why you may be there. She mentioned five, but here are the ones I know are happening right now. (My emphasis).
- "You are becoming complacent. This isn’t bad, it happens to a lot of people – myself included. You’ve lost some weight and then find it hard to really keep things moving in the right direction. That is so true for me right now, but why?
- You feel some fear. This is very common and not often acknowledged. I’ve seen this a lot and it usually occurs close to the mid-point of the journey. It did for me too.
- You have stress in your life. I found that when things got stressful I would stop my forward progress and begin the mini yo-yo cycle. When the stress subsided often times the weight went on down."
I also read Sean's post about being consistent. He says, "Consistency is absolutely imperative along this road. It is the key to everything good here. It makes everything easier in time. If I had to pick one word to explain my success so far it would be: Consistency." I have not been consistent.
Some days I'm gung ho, others you wouldn't even know I'm trying to lose weight. I'm not binging, just not making healthy choices, not exercising, and skipping some meals, not drinking enough water. Sean also said, "Consistency means steamrolling every excuse or rationalization that comes along. When you really decide that nothing will stop you, then nothing can. "
I'm so thankful for inspiring people who are on this journey. Those posts are great and really resonated with me today. I want to be that inspiring, successful weight loss story! I want to be UNSTOPPABLE!







Don't be upset by the scale. I know how hard it is - believe me I do. The really important thing is that you are changing how you view food, and you know what you need to do to get healthier. Thanks for the mention - and I know you can do this. One step at a time.
ReplyDeleteHI Rhonda!!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog! I love the comment on your About Me "with God all things are possible" So true!
It sounds frustrating with your 5 pound bouncing right now... but I'm sure you will pull through and continue on in your success. Positive Thoughts!! :) Followed by action, of course.
My hubby and I area also on a journey to weight loss and better health. It is a struggle but SO worth it... and with God, it IS possible!!
~Margene